Saturday, June 12, 2010

Piano and Voice Recital

After school got out for the summer, all the kids had their final piano recital. They had been working on their songs for a few weeks and were all ready. Eric was the first to play and did pretty good since this was his very first recital. He got a little flustered when he couldn't find his second song in his book but he found it and played great! Then Emma was next in our family. She also did good. Meagan sang 2 songs. One with another girl that was nervous to sing by herself and then another all by herself. It almost seemed like it was the Meagan Larson show with her getting up and singing several times and also playing the piano. Her voice is absolutely beautiful and I hope you all get a chance to hear her sing sometime. Then Meagan played her piano piece and last but certainly not least was Heidi. She was the second to last to play. They all did a great job. I really love hearing them all practicing their piano pieces and it fills our home with a beautiful sound!!!

2 comments:

Marilyn Lewis said...

I would have loved to have heard them all. You are telling the truth about Meagan's voice and not just sounding like her MOM....she does sing beautifully! I've also been so proud of how she has stepped up and played the opening hymn in YW! Love your kids!

Alison Wilde said...

I LOVE that all your kids are musically talented just like their parents. I wish so badly I would have had Bracken and Parker take piano lessons. We need more men piano players like David in this world!! Wish we could have been there to watch your kids shine!