This weekend we had a District Conference for our church. We were lucky and blessed enough to have 2 general authorities present. We had Elder Todd D. Christofferson of the Quorum of the 12 and Elder Kent D. Watson of the 2nd Quorum of the Seventy. On Saturday we had a leadership meeting where we were broken up into 2 groups. The sisters and the brethren. The sisters were able to hear from their sweet wives and I don't know what went on in the brethren meeting. Then there was an adult session after. On Sunday there was a youth meeting and a general meeting. I was definitely uplifted and I feel rejuvenated and ready to work harder in doing what I am supposed to do. Everyone but Eric got to meet them and shake their hands. (Eric was home, sick with a cold) Elder Christofferson told Emma that he loved her red hair and that his wife's hair was the same color when they got married. Elder Watson asked Emm a why she wore glasses because she was too young to have to wear glasses. She replied that she had a lazy eye and Elder Watson told her to not be lazy. All the girls were excited to get to meet an apostle and talk to him. They both along with their wives told great stories and wonderful messages. Sister Christofferson assured us that they were just ordinary people. She still went to the grocery store and cleaned toilets, washed dishes, vacuumed etc. And that Elder Christofferson mowed the lawn every week, helped with the dishes, and took out the trash. I know that sometimes I feel that they are just some type of celebrity in the church but they are just ordinary. Elder Christofferson told a story of a fireside he was going to speak at in Minnesota and when they got to the church there was police directing traffic and it was crazy. One of his daughters said they couldn't believe there was all this hoopla because it wasn't like they were going to here Elder Holland or anything. He said that comment helps keep him humble. I just totally felt the spirit and was so grateful to have gotten to go and be uplifted. We have had some great opportunities living in China. I wouldn't trade this time here for anything!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment