Friday, December 12, 2008

Sugar Cookies!!!

The kids had a half day of school so I thought it would be fun to let them each invite one friend over to cut out sugar cookies and then decorate them. The kids were excited and each of them had a friend in mind to invite. The invites went out and wow!!!! We had a few extra kids want to come! Meagan ended up having 2 friends and so did Heidi. Luckily they were the older kids and I didn't need to help them much. I wish I could say they were easier but Heidi's friends made the biggest mess. They wanted to start a flour fight inside and even with an ayi to help I didn't want that mess. I told them to take it outside so they did and they came back in looking like ghosts!!! Eric and his friend Lauren were the best to listen and help. Emma and her friend CJ just wanted to be little bakers and make the best cookies ever. Meagan's friends had a blast decorating with such precision that you would have thought they were professionals. All in all we had a great time with not too much mess but I was definitely grateful for our ayi's help cleaning up everything when we were done. She is awesome!!

1 comment:

Tami said...

I can attest to the deliciousness of your sugar cookies!! Yum! And it looks like they are as much fun to make as they are to eat.