We have arrived back into our old home and there are so many things I would like to change or fix. So I just decided to do it. The first thing was that the hardwood floors needed refinishing. We had to move out all the furniture in the dining room and family room. After we did that I thought this would be the best time to paint the walls and our neighbors were on vacation so my kids wouldn't have friends over to interrupt me. It was such a last minute thing but it turned out really nice. David was in Japan and Singapore so he didn't even get a say in the color. When he got back though I think he really liked it. The kids all helped with painting at the beginning and it was fun to see them having a good time. I also guess I am not very fast because it took me over 2 days to get it all done, but it was worth it!!!!
Here is the before picture. With a few things still on the walls before I actually decided I wanted to paint.

Here the kids are helping me.



Here is the finished look with all the furniture and basic decorating done.

We actually are planning on putting the big screen tv in the basement and the couch and getting a new one and having some shelves built in to the wall on the sides of the fireplace. I will post pictures of that in a few months when it is all done. Hope you like it!!!
6 comments:
Looks great. Good job. I love the color.
I love what you have done.
I love it!!! Seeing your house almost makes me teary eyed! I miss you guys so much! Hopefully I'll get to see you soon ;)
Great color! Was David surprised? That is one BIG flat screen tv!
I think the color adds a nice warmth to the room. Good choice.
Welcome home Larson family! Though I must confess I'll miss following your exciting foreign adventures. But I'm glad you are home safely with suitcases full of great family memories. Also- love the room makeover Tracey!
Post a Comment