Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Young Women Broadcast

We have a tradition in our family that when you turn 12 you get to go with mom to Utah and go to the Young Women Broadcast in the conference center. I asked our neighbors the Biberstons if they wanted to go with us since their daughter Jaden turned 12 in November and they thought that would be fun. In January I started to try and get tickets. This was not easy. Last time when I went with Meagan I just called Salt Lake and got them. No problems. This time I couldn't find the number so I called our bishop who told me to ask our YW president who sent me to the Stake YW president who gave me the number to call Salt Lake. I called the number and they asked if I was the Stake President and I said no. She told me that only the Stake President could get tickets. I then called our Stake President and asked him if he could get me tickets. He said he had never heard of that before but would try. I gave him the number I had been given and he called the next day to tell me they were on their way. I waited and waited and just when I was about to cal him again, one of his clerks called and said they had tickets for me. I was so happy!!! We got the tickets and found out they were on the ground floor but all the way to the side. (When looking at the stage we were on the left side) I talked to my friend to discuss when we would drive down together when she told me that she was going to take the whole family down since it was during Spring Break. Heidi and I were disappointed but decided we could have fun in the car with just the 2 of us. We left Friday morning and got to Bountiful in the afternoon. We sang to tons of songs on the radio and she listened to her new ipod. Friday night we went out to dinner with her Aunt Alicia, Uncle Ben, Kaden, and her Aunt Tino. We went to a Mexican place and then Aunt Tino went with us bowling. We were the worst bowlers in history (Heidi's highest score was a 39!!!) but we had a ton of fun. The next morning we slept in then went to McDonalds for breakfast and then did a little shopping. We went back to grandma and grandpa's house and changed so we could meet our friends for a late lunch, early dinner. Then we got to the Conference Center. They told us we could get in any line so we picked one with only 5 people in front of us. When we got into the Conference Center the girls went to the bathroom and went looking for our seats. The Conference center doesn't assign seats, just sections. I went to our section and went to the front row. While I was checking out which row I thought would be the best, one of the ushers asked what I was doing and I told her, I was trying to find the best seat. She asked if I would like to change sections and I told her my seat wasn't in a different section. She said that was ok and led me down to a new section. I then talked to the next usher and asked her about all the flowers in the conference center. Iasked if they were real or fake and she said they were probably fake. Then she asked me if I wanted her to go and find out. I said that would be great!! She did and came back to tell me all the flowers were real and that the tulips were all in little pots and that the greenery was in some kind of water trough. She then asked us if we wanted to move down a few more rows. We said, Yes!!! She moved the rope and we were in the 6th row on the side that the Prophet sits. They were amazing seats!!!! The conference was absolutely WONDERFUL!!!!! Heidi and I both enjoyed it and then when it was over we drove to Aunt Renee's house. We just visited but Heidi loved trying on all of Aunt Renee's very high heels. Don't her legs look great? Unfortunately for her, her mother will never let her wear shoes that high until she leaves home!!!!!! We got up early Sunday morning (5:30am) so we could make it back for church. Heidi really wanted to go to her first YW Sunday meeting in our ward. It was a fabulous weekend with Heidi and one that I won't forget. I hope she doesn't either.

1 comment:

Kitty Smith said...

Love the heels Heidi! That mom is a smart lady for banning those heels while still living under her roof. :) Anyway, sounds like you had a fun, fun trip. I'm jealous! Miss you guys!