Sunday, August 1, 2010

Ward Campout

Our Ward really wanted to have a Ward Campout this year so since I am the activities chairman I got to plan it. I looked all over the internet for some ideas of what to do and all I found was posts with people saying, "Ward Campouts are GREAT!!! You should plan one." Not really helpful. I thought back to when I was a kid and tried to remember what we did and just remembered having a lot of fun. So I did what any chairman would do and I came up with a plan and assignments and I let everyone choose what they wanted to be in charge of. The YM said they would do the sloppy joes for Fridays dinner. (the rest was potluck style with salads/sides or desserts from the ward members) The YW were in charge of the program/games for Friday night. The Elders and High Priests were in charge of the breakfast Saturday morning. The primary for the kids activities Saturday morning. The Sunday School in charge of assigning cabins to those that wanted them. And the Relief Society was supposed to take pictures and make a DVD or slideshow to be presented to the ward at the end of the summer.
Overall, I think everyone had a blast and I heard lots of people tell me they wanted to do this every year so I hope it becomes a tradition.

1 comment:

Marilyn Lewis said...

Looks like everyone was having fun! You did a great job planning and delegating!