Thursday, August 26, 2010

First Day of School! Part 1 (2010)

Today is the first day of school for Heidi, Emma and Eric. Meagan has decided to go to a different high school and doesn't start until Monday. It was weird having only part of the kids go to school today. I was ready to have my alone time back so I can get working on some projects that I haven't been able to do between swimming lessons, swimming at the neighbors, taking the kids to the movies, remodelling the basement, and vacations to Utah, Colorado and Wyoming. I am not sure the kids were all that ready to get back to school either. There wasn't any of that "I'm so excited for school start tomorrow, I can hardly fall asleep!!!" last night. David informed me that was normal and all the previous years of school that we have had the kids totally excited was not normal and just plain weird. I missed that excitement!!! I do hope they have a great day at school today and come home completely excited to share their day with me over an apple shaped sugar cookie!!!! Here are the first day of school pictures without Meagan. I will have to post hers on Monday.
Heidi is so grown up and loves to have her down in new ways and her nails done all the time. (and I thought she was going to be a tomboy when she was little)
Emma was the one that had her outfit picked out a week in advance and sitting on her chair. She also had everything ready except her new bag that she wanted from Heidi instead of a boring old back pack.
Eric was not happy about summer being over and didn't care too much how he looked or what was going on. It was all Meagan and I could do to get him presentable today. He did turn out cute and finally got excited when he saw his friends going to the bus stop.
Here they are at the bus stop.
Have a great year at school!!!!!

3 comments:

Marilyn Lewis said...

I hope they have a great year! What a bunch of cute kids! Can't believe that 3 of them were my nursery kids!

Tami said...

They look so excited! And ready for a new adventure, new year. Love the pictures!! I'd say good luck to them but I know their mom... they don't need luck!! :D

Andrea McEntire said...

They look so cute Tracey. I hope they have a great year.