Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Birthday Emma!!!!

Today is Emma's 9th birthday. I just wanted to let you know some of the things that I think make Emma a very special girl.

-She is friendly to everyone. Where ever we go she makes friends and smiles at everyone.


-She loves babies!!!! She is so like her dad in this way. Just tonight when we were at Target there was a little 18 month girl and Emma just started playing with her. It was so cute.
-She is an artist. She loves to draw. I am always amazed at the pictures she comes up with when making little cards for people. She has a few friends that are absolutely amazing in the art department and she must be taking notes.

-She has the best laugh. I love when she is so totally happy and just laughs.

-She has some sort of magnetism about her that people just love. Whenever we go places I just tell them I am Emma's mom and they know who I am.

-She has her own agenda of what she wants to do and it is very difficult to get her to do what YOU want her to do if she doesn't want to do that. She has been at school talking to friends during class and the teacher will ask her to sit down and she will tell the teacher she will sit down in just a minute when she is done talking to her friend. (I am amazed I haven't been in to see the principal yet. I guess that is because of her magnetism that everyone just loves.)
-She loves to play games, watch movies or just read with her mom. She is so pleasant to be with when she gets all the one on one time with mom and I love to give her that time when I can.

-She hates playing the piano but she has a gift so her mother keeps making her practice and play. Maybe someday she will thank me for it and play beautiful songs for me like her sisters.

-She doesn't seem to have a fear of anything. Even when she was a baby we would worry being by a swimming pool because she would just jump in and not think she couldn't swim. She doesn't mind asking people for things so her older sisters don't have to be embarrassed about asking a sales clerk where something is. Emma will do it for them.

-She thinks she is a 28 year old and therefore should be able to do everything a 28 year old can do. Including driving, cooking, wearing makeup, dating etc. I only hope I can reign her in long enough to get her to 28.

As you can see Emma is a beautiful, cute little spit-fire with so much personality that the rest of us can only hope to keep up and keep smiling. Thank you Emma for being so adorable!!!!! Happy Birthday sweetheart and remember that we all love you very much.

No comments: