On Saturday December 5th we got up early and bundled up to go search out the perfect Christmas tree. We arrived at our destination (which was Fred Meyer) and got out of the car. Mom had seen a tree the day before and went to see if it was still there and sure enough it was!! The family all looked at it and said "It's perfect! Let's go!" I said that maybe we should walk around and see if there was any other tree we liked but got vetoed very quickly. It was freezing cold so I guess I understand. We took it home and propped it on our front porch to wait until Sunday for it to be decorated. Saturday night we decorated the "kid's tree"

. This is the one they put all their ornaments they have gotten through the years and any that we may have made.

This year Meagan got a cell phone ornament, (no question as to why) Heidi got a cute girl playing volleyball, Emma got a musical ornament that is a hippo that plays "I want a hippopotamus for Christmas". (She loves that song, so much that she sang it for the music classes talent show)

and Eric got a Scooby Doo ornament.

It really looks quite cute and fun. Then on Sunday we decorated "Mom's boring" tree.


It only has red and white decorations on it.


It is very full and I think very beautiful.

Lucky for me the kids liked it a lot this year too. We had tons of fun decorating both trees and we are definitely in the Christmas spirit and ready for Christmas!!!
1 comment:
Pretty tree! I'm sure it smells wonderful! Tell the kids Merry Christmas for me!!
Post a Comment