Friday, May 7, 2010

19 Things I Love About You

Hi there, Guest Blogger is back.  Today is May 7, and exactly 19 years ago today a young couple with a bright future got married-- you'll never guess who!

So in honor of that great day, I'm proud to present:

19 THINGS I LOVE ABOUT TRACEY

1.  The pickle song.  How can you not love someone who picks up a jar of pickles and just starts singing, "Pickle, pickle, PICKLE, pickle, PICKLE..."

2. She refuses to miss church.  Had a baby on Wednesday?  No problem, gotta show off the new sweetie.  Life threatening surgery on Friday?  No problem, can't miss Easter Sunday!   Had a baby Saturday night at 11:45 p.m.?  OK, she lost that argument, but she tried!

3.  She can convince almost anyone that rainbow cupcakes magically taste like a rainbow, even though it's just white cake mix with food coloring in it.  

4.  She takes the extra time to stay up to date on the kids' grades, trying to teach them accountability and responsibility.

5.  Three words:  homemade chocolate mousse.

6.  Motivating children to do chores by playfully becoming the "wicked stepmother" who screeches at her little slave kids.  Works like a charm every time.

7.  She followed me to China, embraced it, loved it, and asks where we're going next.

8.  In her world, every holiday is worth decorating for.

9.  All of her siblings eventually come to her for advice.

10.  After initial apprehension, she appreciates my efforts to fill our family room with high definition video and foundation-shaking audio.

11.  Equally happy to go to a chick flick for a Valentine's Day date and "Iron Man 2" for an Anniversary date (yes, that's where we're going).

12.  Irons my church shirts even though she hates ironing.

13.  Thrives on the chaos of having every neighborhood kid within 1 square mile playing in and around our house.  (I don't thrive on this, but I'm glad she does)

14.  She refuses to do something "just good enough" when "excellent" is within her reach.

15.  Full time mom and lovin' it.  Our kids are very lucky.

16.  Thinks I'm the best husband in the world even though I'm probably not.

17.  In addition to the chocolate mousse, everything else she cooks is fabulous, too.

18.  X's, O's, parallelograms, and triangles. :)

19.  And best of all, she's mine forever!

Happy Anniversary my darling!  Looking forward to all the years ahead!

No comments: