Monday, May 10, 2010

School Fun Run

On Friday May 7th the kids school had a fun run to raise money to purchase playground equipment. It was very well organized and the kids did a great job running around laps. Eric was first and got 8 marks. He got a mark every half lap he did. He just kept running and asking me how many he had to get to be a champion. I told him he was already a champion and to do as much as he could. I went a whole lap around with him. Then Heidi got to go and she ran 5 or 6 laps all the way around. She did a great job but I forgot to take her picture. Lastly Emma got to run. She went around the whole way 4 times. I didn't get to see her run because I was busy tallying all the 6th graders laps and getting their pledge folders ready. Overall it was a fun day and I think all the kids had a great time. I love raising money for the school for things like this instead of buying useless stuff that I don't want and the school gets only a portion of the money. I hope we raise enough to get the kids some playground equipment!!!!

2 comments:

Elizabeth Larson said...

I have meant to post comments on your last few posts- the ones you and David did for each other is very sweet! LOVE them! Congrats on 19 years of marriage!! ;) Looks like the fun run was great. Hope all is well and we hope to come down sometime this summer and see ya. Love ya!

Andrea McEntire said...

Good for you guys! What a great way to raise money and stay in shape.