Friday, September 24, 2010

Pioneer Trek 2010

Meagan got to go on our Stake Pioneer Trek this year. I would have loved to be a ma and pa with David but he barely got into town from China the day before they left. Here is Meagan at the beginning before she left. She thought she looked stupid but I thought she looked so great. While she was gone I was worried about her a ton which is not usually like me. I prayed for her safety the whole time and I am glad I did. After the women's pull when she was trying to get away from the wagon so her brothers could pull it, her skirt got caught and she went down and hurt her leg pretty bad. It was quite sore for the rest of the trek but I heard she was a trooper and didn't complain or stop walking. She just kept going as much as she could. One time when it hurt too much she got into the medical cart. Some boys pulled her up a hill and then ran back down as fast as they could. She said she was so scared that she wouldn't survive and figured she could pretty much walk most of the rest of the way. She is amazing to me!!!! We so missed her but glad she was able to have this wonderful, spiritual experience. When she got home she was so dirty and didn't want us to take pictures. But you always have to have a before and an after!!!!!

1 comment:

Andrea McEntire said...

Meagan looks so good! I'm glad she to go on trek. What a trooper, even with an injury she kept right on marching.