We were able to go on a few adventures this summer but it is too hard to do them all in one post because I like taking pictures of all of my kids and there was so much to capture. The first thing we got to do was go to the family cabin for the 4th of July. It has kind of become a mini family reunion every year and I totally love it. The kids were all working very hard on their fort/hideout.


We got to ride on the 4 wheelers,

fly kites,

fish and play lots of games!!!

Then on the 4th we went into town and watched the fireworks.

They really know how to have a good time in Kemmerer with fireworks.

They were going off everywhere and then the kids had fun playing with the sparklers.

We also had a few fun running races with all the adults. My sister Alicia was the one that came out on top as the fastest but I didn't do too bad. I can still be fast when I have to. My sisters and I hadn't all had a chance to ride the 4 wheelers up to the ridge yet so Dad and Ben took us up.

The view is spectacular and it was tons of fun.

To have a little more fun we would go over the snowbanks.

Unfortunately I gunned it a little too hard and went flying off the four wheeler and then landed back on it with a huge thump. I thought I had broken my arm but luckily I just bruised it really bad. It took a good month to be able to move it normally with out pain. All the kids loved going on the 4 wheelers. After I hurt my arm, grandma and grandpa were nice enough to take my kids on rides.


Meagan and David had to leave early so Meagan could go to EFY in SLC at the University of Utah and David had to get back to work. Meagan loved EFY and now says she wants to go to school at the U of U. I don't think she understands that that will never happen unless she wants to be disowned!!!!! I love going to the cabin with everyone and only wish we lived closer to go more often. But for right now I will take the yearly family reunion on the 4th of July!!!!!! After we left the cabin we went back to Utah until Meagan got done with EFY. For 2 days Emma went and stayed with her cousin Ari. They got to go to the premiere showing of Sorcerer's Apprentice before it even was in the theaters and got t-shirts and hats. She had a blast hanging with Ari for so long and didn't even miss us!!! Heidi went and spent a few days with Aunt Tino in her new house and going to work with her at the Oreck Store. I think she may have worked a little but not too much. She started to miss us more after she had to go to work so much but absolutely loved getting to be the first person in the family to see Tino's new house. So that left just me and Eric. The local grocery store has a kids day every Thursday so we decided to go. The theme for the day was chickens. Eric got his chicken hat

and then got to hear chicken stories, play chicken games,

do the chicken dance and make a paper chicken. He had lots of fun. On the last day we went to the aquarium with Aunt Renee and the "cousins".


It was fun but not very big. We are definitely used to the giant aquarium in Shanghai and this was teeny in comparison but we got be with family so that makes it more fun. The next day we picked up Meagan bright and early and headed back home. Unfortunately for us, David left that morning also for China and was gone for 2 weeks. 3 weeks is a long time to be away from each other and we definitely felt it with that trip. The good news is that he brought us home tons of fun presents from China that we loved!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment