Saturday, September 13, 2008

I'm Back!!!

Wow!!  What a week!!! Last Sunday after we put the kids to bed and I was ready to blog some more of our pictures, I sat down to the computer only to discover that we had no internet.  I asked David to come and "Fix it", but he couldn't.  How can that be, I thought, he can fix anything.  He told me that it was probably the modem.  I only know that means it is this little black box behind the computer.  I thought that can't be too hard to get fixed and decided I would be ok for a night.

Monday morning David took the modem to the front management people and told them that we didn't have any internet and that he thought the modem was broken.  We went on our way and a few hours later I got a phone call informing me that my modem was not broken but that the phone line was causing the problem.  I thought that was funny because our phones worked just fine.  They told me it was going to be 3 days before they could fix it.  I was not happy to not have internet for that many days.  Being the primary president in a branch and country where there really is no voicemail or answering machines and everything is done by e-mail this was going to be a hard 3 days.  I would rush to my neighbors apartment sometimes 3 times a day to check my e-mail and to reply to the most important ones in a few short minutes. Plus Meagan and Heidi's school assignments are all on the internet. They post a page and the kids have to write their answers in a notebook.  They don't have lots of papers or books because everything is on-line.  It really is great!!  (When you have internet!!!!) 

On Wednesday I went to the office to confirm that they were coming the next day when I was told that they wouldn't be here until Sunday.  I started to get very angry at them and tell them that was unacceptable and that we needed the internet now!!!! She said she would see what she could do and I called up David to let him know.  He also called them and told them they better get it fixed.  I was called about an hour later and told that they would have someone the next day there to fix it.  ( I guess sometimes it takes a little yelling to get things done here)

 Thursday morning the repair man came and after checking things for about 10 minutes he told me the modem was broken.  Well, that about did me in and I was so mad.  He said he would bring one tomorrow.  David called the office again and told them they  better get a new modem immediately.  They told him they would try.  It didn't happen but early Friday morning (while I was still in the shower) the repair guy came back and 2 minutes later it was fixed.  Imagine how my week would have gone had they only listened to David the first day!!!! 

Well, anyway, I made it through this trial (probably not with flying colors) but hopefully I learned to not be Mrs. Nice Guy with the office and realize it will all still turn out just fine, even if  it is hard and time consuming!!!!!

1 comment:

Tami said...

I feel for you! So glad they finally got it right. The Primary Pres needs email...the kids need the school connection...and most importantly, YOU need to blog. Whatever were they thinking to take so long!! (Welcome back!) :)