Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Sick little girl

Miss Emma is sick.  Last week she started complaining about her tummy hurting but then it would go away.  We didn't think too much of it until she started getting a fever Sunday night.  She felt better in the morning on Monday and we sent her to school.  At 2pm the nurse called and said she had a fever and asked if I could come and get her.  I brought her home and she rested.  This morning she woke up with a fever of 102.7 F. We took her to a medical clinic where they did a blood test and checked her out.  He ruled out appendicitis pretty quickly but when her white blood count came back it was pretty high.  The doctor has put her on some antibiotics and we are hoping whatever infection she has gets cleared up fast.  She doesn't want to miss our upcoming trip to Vietnam this weekend.  We would love any prayers on her behalf.

2 comments:

Tami said...

Hope she is getting better fast so it won't interrupt your trip. Have a great time in Vietnam!! Can't wait to see your blog about it! ;-)

The Shep's Herd said...

I sure hope She is feeling better and you all are off on a fantastic vacation. I love reading you blog. I cant wait until the next post. Feel Better Emma : )