On Thursday Eric got to go on a long bus ride (almost 2 hours) to the organic farm. He was so excited to get to ride the bus, he could hardly stand it.
Then we walked to a spot with little red hot chile peppers. Eric thought it was so funny to get these little itty bitty peppers. He got several. Unfortunately dad didn't realize how spicy and hot they were and put about 5 of them in the salsa he made. It is way too hot for mom's taste.
Then we got to pick carrots. We were told to only get 2 but Eric kept picking them to find the biggest and they were so easy. He shared some with his friends also who didn't want to pick any. Unfortunately mom broke off the green ends so the bag wouldn't be to full and we needed them to feed the goats later on. Luckily his friends all shared their greens.
Then we got to plant a seed in a pot. It is of bok choy and we were told we should have a little plant in a week. Some of the pots got a little of their soil spilled and so we will see if Eric's will still grow.
Then we went and picked some sort of green leafy spinachy stuff. Eric wanted the biggest plant and so did his friend so I had to steer them both to some slightly smaller plants so there was no major upset going on.
After we picked all our vegies we got to feed the goats. Eric loved doing that!!! Some parents were real scared and thought the goat was going to bite their children's fingers or something and kept telling the children to not pet the goat or get too close. I guess Eric being my 4th kid, I told him to pet the goat and feed it lots and so Eric did and just laughed and laughed.
After lunch the parents got to go to the packaging warehouse and pick out vegetables to buy. They were a little more pricey than I usually pay at the wet markets but everyone was so glad it was "organic". I guess I don't care to pay the higher price for "organic" vegetables. We brought the kids in to see the workers packaging the vegies. Eric loved watching them put plastic around the vegies. He watched in amazement and then when they would put the wrapped vegies in bins he proceeded to help them.
All in all he had a great time and mom had fun getting to finally go on a fieldtrip with one of the kids. I told the girls I would try to go on at least one fieldtrip for each of them this school year. I hope they get to go to some fun places too!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment