Emma has been so excited for her birthday this year. That's because it is a big one!!! She turns 8 and is baptized a member of our church. She also knew she would be able to get her scriptures so she can take them to church and not have to share with anyone. She picked green ones with her full name written on them. Then she also got a pretty red floral bag to carry them in. This week anyone that came to the house was shown her new scriptures. I was surprised to see how much she loved that one gift above all the others.
Emma also received a new present that we thought would be a good tradition to start. We have found that our children are so spoiled that they have a hard time deciding on something they want. We thought it would be fun to make her, her very own DVD with all the pictures we took of her this past year. It was a long movie especially since we have done so much this past year and we forgot to put pictures of our trip to Vietnam. We will have to add those in. The entire family loved watching it just as much as Emma and they are now all looking forward to their birthday to get their own DVD of the past year.
She also got a chinese fan, a chinese umbrella and a CTR ring. When I bought the umbrellas for her cousins she was so jealous and wanted one too. Luckily I do know my daughter a little and had already picked up one for her and saved it.
Emma's favorite breakfast is crepes. She had it for breakfast on her birthday last year and again this year. I even splurged and bought cool whip to put inside even though it cost $ 5 here and only 60 cents in America.
Emma was so happy that nothing stopped her from going to school. Unfortunately the rest of her siblings were too sick to go to school and had to stay home. They thought of her all day and made signs and surprises for her when she got home from school. Then she got to pick where we went for dinner and got to go with just mom and dad. Happy Birthday Emma!!!! We sure do love you!!!!!
3 comments:
Happy Birthday Emma! I remember when you were just a little girl now you're ready to be baptised. I would love to be there for your baptism. I know it will be a special day for you.
Tracey, Colleen Gooch was just put in YW as a Mia Maid advisor.....I'm recycling leaders from my time in RS....when do you get back????!!!!!!
What a wonderful and memorable thing to be baptized in China! She has a huge blessing that no one else has in this country of 2.something billion people. Truly miraculous! So happy for her!!
PS. Hi to Marilyn!!
Post a Comment