Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy Halloween!!!

Yes, even here in China we celebrated Halloween.  There are several different ex-pat communities that open up for children to go trick-or-treating and we went to one with our friends the Castles and Butters.

 We went to the fabric market and had all of our costumes made.

 Quite a different experience for me since I have made all my children's costumes since they were born.  Even David and I got into the spirit and dressed up this year.

 The kids got about a 5th of the candy they usually do but they had a ton of fun.

 The day started out rainy and yucky looking but the evening was dry and perfect and not cold. We had fun getting candy. 

We even got a few Chinese "treats" that we would never eat but that's ok, it's all part of living in China.

4 comments:

Amy B said...

Wow, how did you do that costume-making thing?? I just show the kids the costume box and tell them, if you can find it in there, you can be it! Is that a SQUID crisp?? Bleh.

Family-Frolic said...

Your Halloween looked like lots of fun! I remember an awesome Halloween mystery dinner you hosted at Villa Maria. That was so much fun- I wish we could do it again. What is that squid thing? Is that a Chinese hybrid of a snickers and a protein bar? Reminds me to ask if you've eaten crickets yet?

Tami said...

Woo woo! Love that little foot popping thing you're doing! Cute costumes!

Suzanne said...

Tracey, whatta sassy costume you had made, you look great. And your family looks great too!