Sunday, March 15, 2009

Daddy Daughter Dance



Emma had a daddy daughter masquerade ball for girl scouts. She had been waiting anxiously for weeks. She would count down the days or ask how many more days until finally the big day arrived. We were trying to figure out what dress she should wear until we picked up her new velvet dress for church from the fabric market. She thought this dress was elegant and would be the perfect dress. She got dressed in her beautiful dress and then mom did her hair in a pretty updo and even put on a little makeup. Dad got dressed in a nice suit and off they went. I asked dad if he got bored with not knowing any other dads and he said no. He just danced and twirled and danced some more with Emma. He said it was a rare occasion where all Emma wanted to do was be with dad and dance, dance, dance!! I am pretty sure Emma loved the one on one with dad being all dressed up and doing something she loves doing. (dancing) Fun was had by all and Emma came home completely exhausted. I hope she gets to have many more occasions where she feels like the princess and gets to be with her dad!!!

1 comment:

Marilyn Lewis said...

Is that really little Emma? I think of her as your "little" girl and she really isn't anymore. She is a beautiful young woman. Dad isn't bad either!