(blogger note-- due to illness and lack of energy, an unnamed "guest blogger" will be filling in today for Tracey. For those of you who really miss Tracey's comments, the "guest blogger" will offer a free Tracey translation for you)
MONDAY, OCTOBER 13, 6:10 a.m. We've finally reached that glorious point in life where we can begin booting our children out of the house. Unfortunately it's only temporary this time, but this morning Meagan picked up her suitcase (actually my suitcase) and headed on out the door for almost 5 full days. Yes, a teen-free, attitude-free home for 5 days. Do you hear that whining-- neither do I!!
(alternate Tracey version)
Our Meagan is growing up so fast! Today she left for her school trip to Yangshuo. She was so excited to wake up early and get to the bus at school. Here she is all ready to go:
Ever the boy magnet, 3 of the local 8th grade "dudes" that she hangs out with joined us all at the clubhouse for the quick walk to school. Anyone remember Charlie's angels? Here's the yin/yang to that-- "Meagan's Men." All I can say is, keep that testosterone at a safe distance from my daughter, y'all (click clank goes the shotgun).
(alternate Tracey version)
Meagan has the cutest little friends. All these nice boys moved in over the summer and they all have nice moms who love to go shopping with me. Meagan wishes some of them had been girls but they are all really sweet boys with good manners. They're going to have such a fun time. But I'm really going to miss my Meagan!
There's nothing like the sight of teenagers actually conscious at 6:15 a.m., let alone pulling their own suitcase to boot. About time they woke up and did something productive. Unfortunately I had to wake up with them. 6:15 a.m. and I don't get along too well most days. Didn't when I was a teenager, still don't now.
(Tracey translation)
The kids were so excited to get to school. Don't they look cute pulling their suitcases? I got to talk to the moms and plan our shopping for today!
Now HERE's a treat. Meagan and two of the boys going off with her homeroom teacher, Mr. Larson. That's right, Mr. Larson. Mr. DAVID Larson. Hello! I had to put up with this in Boise!!! Can't an American guy have his own name for himself in China for crying out loud??
(Tracey translation)
The kids met their teacher, Mr. Larson, at the school. His name is David too. Isn't that funny! I wonder if his wife wants to go shopping? They're going to have so much fun!
So, Meagan is off for the week and Heidi leaves on Wednesday morning. We hope you enjoyed today's blog, where we added two more items to the list of near-certainties in life (after death and taxes of course):
1. Meagan is going to have a great time on her class trip.
2. Tracey is not going to let the "guest blogger" within 100 gigabytes of her blog ever again.
3 comments:
lol! Kudos to Mr. Guest Blogger! Please join us again sometime!
But thanks for the Tracey translation...and the smile!!
Can't wait to hear all about Meagan's trip. She and her men will have a great time. :)
Gee, I wonder who the "guest blogger could be??" Sorry, Dave, I've read too many mission newsletters to be fooled. About Meagan's Men...if they're as neat as the guy friends I had, she is one lucky girl. And she probably won't marry a single one of them. :-)
Hey Megan!!!!
Its Kammy the one who still lives in Idaho and is now 14!!!!! Well i wanted to ask if you had fun on the trip? And by the way that guy in the middle in the gray shirt, well lets just say i wish he was MY friend!!!hahahaha!!! well ILY!!!!
Kammy
Post a Comment