Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Apple cider!! YUM!!!!

We have some friends with an old fashioned cider press that let us come over every year to make cider. It has been one of our family's favorite traditions. When we went to China we didn't get to make cider and we didn't make any the fall before we left because we knew we wouldn't be here. So this year all the kids asked if we were going to make cider. I told them we would and we finally got our apples. The last semi-good day before it gets freezing cold we went to make our cider. David did all the cranking and Meagan was the apple blocker. The kids all helped put in the apples and I did all the other stuff of getting the apples ready and filling the containers. The kids all had a blast playing in the leaves and playing with the Schwendiman kids. We were working as fast as we could and we were almost finished when we were told that the rain storm would be here in about 10 minutes. We quickly finished and brought the cider into the house to pour the last of it into the containers and the guys got the press all cleaned up just as the rain started to come. We were lucky to get it done and now we have lots of yummy cider to drink for the next year. If you like cider then come and visit us and we will be sure to bring it out and share with you.

1 comment:

Alison Wilde said...

Apple Cider? You have no idea how much I LOVE that stuff, and I'm sure the Larson cider is the best! Shanghai misses your family so much. You will be happy to know you are definitely not forgotten as we laugh and love your stories everyday. Thanks for the memories, but please come back!! Plus, every time I enter church now it is just not the same without Emma running up to say hello to Preston with her enthusiasm!!! I'm sure your ward is loving you a ton. We miss you!