Our second place we went on our vacation was to Mesa Verde, Colorado. It was so breathtaking seeing all the fall colors on our drive there. We were amazed to see so much orange, red, yellow and green.

When I was a kid I remembered going to Mesa Verde and thinking it was so cool that a civilization could build a city in the rocks.

It still seemed so cool to me this time.

The kids enjoyed climbing ladders


going through tunnels

and walking around.


I think Eric's favorite thing was going down into the Kiva.

The park ranger told us that once kids go down there they never want to come back up. I told him that I had a sure-fire way to get my kids back up and I was right. He was correct in saying that my kids wouldn't want to come back up though. Luckily they were very anxious to get their 2nd Junior Ranger badges and that is what won out.

Another fun day with lots of hiking and getting dirty.
2 comments:
I have always loved Mesa Verde. I've never been there in the fall though. Those colors are beautiful.
Wow! Looks like there's yet another place to add to our must-see-before-we-die list!
Post a Comment