On Tuesday night Meagan and Heidi had their first band/choir concert of the year. We got to the school early but apparently lots of parents support these programs. It was packed! The concert started with Meagan and 3 other girls singing "America the Beautiful" acapella. It was very beautiful.

Then the 6th grade choir sang , then 6th grade band played. Heidi has switched instruments on us this year. Last year in China she played the clarinet but after we moved back she decided she wanted to play the flute. This is kind of cool but we are waiting to see if she likes it before buying her a flute. For now she is using mine and I am not sure how much I like sharing it. I do think, though, that someday it might be fun to do a duet with her. She has picked up the flute quite fast and is 1st chair in the band. I love hearing her practice. Her band played several short songs that were ok to listen to. (If you have heard a beginning band play you understand what I am saying.)

Then it was the middle school choir and middle school band. Emma and Eric were starting to get restless but I held them off a few more minutes.

Then came Meagan in the high school choir. Her voice is really getting pretty when she sings. She is taking voice lessons from Jen Black (a lady at our church who is amazing). I have heard a huge improvement in her singing in the last couple of months. She likes to sing alto but can sing some soprano. Most of the other altos in the choir all ask to sit next to her bacause she can read and sing the music and they need help. (I will try to get a picture from my friend and add it later) After Meagan's choir then it was the high school band but Eric and Emma were done so we went home. For a music concert only 2 months into the school year I was impressed. Way to go my musically talented girls!!!!!
1 comment:
Megan and Heidi look so beautiful singing. I bet they sounded great.
Post a Comment