Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Boracay Day 3

Today we got up "early" to go and play at the beach. The kids and I spent a couple of hours playing at the beach before dad and Meagan got up and got ready. We ate breakfast and dad and Louie went to the market to get some more food for our yummy lunch. We decided it would be fun to go on a sailboat today. Here is our sailboat!!! We divided into two groups and each of us sat on our side. We had to put our camera away in a waterproof area so we weren't able to take many pictures. It was probably a pretty good idea because during our sail around the entire island of Boracay we had a few windy and wavy minutes. The waves were bumpy and splashy on the side with mom, Heidi and Emma. The girls giggled and said it was almost as much fun as a roller coaster ride. Eric was content not getting too wet but dad and Meagan were a little bored. We went past this cliff called, "Monkey Face Rock". We thought it totally looked like a monkey face, don't you? Then we hit more waves and Eric and Meagan and dad also got wet. Eric was not as happy getting wet as when we were sailing smoothly. When we finished sailing around the entire island the girls said they loved sailing and want to go again but Eric said he was never doing that again. I think he will change his mind if we ever get another chance to go sailing. Because we were on the boat for 3 hours straight we all got sunburned. We were all a little tired after playing at the beach and sailing. We saw this Mexican restaurant and decided it looked good. The kids liked it just because of the swings. Can you tell we are sunburned?

3 comments:

Tami said...

That really DOES look just like a monkey face! Such pretty pics. Hey, thanks for dinner on Sunday. Loved every bite...especially the 'real' cookies! Thanks for everything!!

The Shep's Herd said...

Holy Cow !!! What a fun trip. You kids are all growing up so fast. It looks like your all having a ball. I'm jelous I have always wanted to hold a tiger. I cant wiat until you can tell me all about in person. I'm so happy your doing well. Idaho does miss you, but understands this is a trip of a lifetime. Enjoy and share some more.

Marilyn Lewis said...

Yes, you all look sunburned. In the 2nd picture from the top I thought it was Meagan on the end and then realized it was you! You two do look a lot alike. I'm glad you're having so much fun and so many memory making adventures!!!!