Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Last day in the Philipines

Unfortunately I don't have any pictures to go with our last day in Manila. We got up and went to breakfast (or the kids and I did). David had the ability to watch the Superbowl and wanted to so he did that and packed and I took the kids to our favorite breakfast place. Then we went back to the mall after we were checked out and decided to go see a movie. We wanted to see "Inkheart". It started 5 minutes after we got to the mall so here we are all running up 4 sets of escalators to the movie theater and Eric is crying the whole time telling me he doesn't want to watch a movie. We get our tickets and I bribe Eric telling him that he can just take a nap and doesn't have to watch the movie; and he agrees. We start watching the movie and Eric is glued to the screen. After the movie he tells us it is his FAVORITE movie and I just have to laugh. We all then went and had a dessert. Eric really wanted donuts and the girls all wanted Dairy Queen blizzards. We then went to the airport to come home. When we got to the checkout counter there were no seats together left for our family. They had us all separated out. We told them that our 5 year old and our 8 year old were to young to sit by themselves. The ticket lady said she would fix it and left. She never came back for 30 min. The people behind us, of course, were mad that they couldn't get checked in. Finally she came back and told us we had to get in another line and they were handling our seats. We waited for another 30 minutes to get our seat assignments. Then we ran to go through customs and security. Unfortunately they have an airplane fee or tax that you pay before you can go to customs that was a lot higher than we thought and we had gotten rid of most of our Philipine money. We had to change Chinese money into Philipine money and luckily we had enough. Then we had to fill out another form and wait in more lines. We finally got to the waiting area to get on the plane 5 minutes before we boarded. We had arrived at the airport 2 1/2 hours earlier. We quickly got on the plane first since we had children and got to explain to all the poor people that had the same seats we did that they would have to talk to someone else. I couldn't believe the airline didn't tell the people they moved that they had different seat assignments. Oh well, we all made it home safe and sound and wishing we were back in warm Philipines. It was an awesome trip!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Tami said...

I've always wanted to see the Phillipines "someday"...but after these couple posts I am campaigning we don't wait until someday. We're thinking of taking Aaron there for his Senior trip. Thanks for sharing your wonderful trip. :)