Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Boracay Days 4 and 5

Everyone was tired and sunburned and just wanted to relax today. I got up with the kids around 7 am this morning. We slept in a few minutes today. We headed down to the beach and had a ton of fun jumping in the water, (I love this picture with their hair sticking up) and playing in the sand. Emma made a sand castle and so then Eric wanted to make one too. My ever friendly Emma made friends with all the local kids and wanted to take their picture. I said she could and we definitely got an array of face shots. One mother came and talked to me and told me "Emma is a friendly girl. She is really nice." I agreed with her. She asked me where we live and I told her China right now. She said she hopes to see us again next year. I didn't have the heart to tell her Emma wouldn't be back next year. I know as a family we would love to go back again, though. Since everyone didn't want to move too much from their sunburns we did a little shopping. The girls all got a sarong and then got their hair braided.
I thought it looked so cool. I wish I knew how to do that because it definitely would keep their hair more manageable . As we were walking around lots of people looked at the girls (now even more than before) and would ask them where they got their hair done. Many were Chinese women and wanted to just talk to the girls. I think secretly sometimes they all like to feel like a celebrity. Again it was great day but we knew we were leaving the next day.
Today we got up and went to the beach one last time while David packed. We couldn't seem to get enough of the beach. We all got ready and had a few hours until our ride was going to take us to the boat to take us back to the other island to fly back to Manila. We decided to get a trike to take us to Puka Beach. Eric was wore out from all the fun we had. It was fun to see other parts of the island. The waves there were giant and the kids had a hard time not getting in the water. David and I had a hard time keeping them away from the water. As our last few minutes at Boracay were slipping away we took a final picture of us on the beach.

2 comments:

Tami said...

You sure did get some great face shots. I vote that last picture on the beach be your Chirstmas card pic this year!

Marilyn Lewis said...

Love, love the girls hair in braids. Eric reminds me of Scott at that age....scared of lots of things but then once he actually does them it is ok, well, most of the time it was ok!!!