Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Philipines Day 2

Don't worry, I will not give you an update everyday of the things we did in the Philipines but I will do several. Eventually it will turn into days 4,5 or 7,8 etc. Today we got up and drove 1 1/2 hours to an amusement park called "Enchanted Kingdom". Does it sound like Disneyland? They were trying to copy Disneyland but not quite there yet. There were lots of fun rides and everyone had their favorites. Mom's favorite was the log ride. Eric started to freak out before we got on the ride but we sort of fibbed and told him there was no scary part. He didn't believe us after he went down the second tall slide. Can't you just see how much he loved this ride? We all went on these water bumper boats. This was fun once we got the hang of it. Eric loved the giant Ferris Wheel. The girls loved the Space Shuttle. Eric and I just hung out with the astronaut. Eric decided he liked the kiddie area with the airplane ride and the spinning boulders. We wanted to go see a 3-D movie but Eric just sat down and cried and said it was too scary. He loved it after we were done! Eric's favorite ride was the one called Raging Rapids. It is the one with the big round raft that about 8 people can go on and you go down the river and certain people get wet with waterfalls and such. Eric also didn't think he would like this ride but we drug him on anyway. When mom got soaked he laughed and laughed. That became his new "favorite" ride. He wanted to keep going on it and mom said she didn't want to get wet. Eric's reply to that was, "Then just sit next to me because I never get wet." It was true but I think if he had gotten wet it wouldn't have been his favorite ride anymore!!! They even had characters you could get your picture taken with. I don't know what it is about a carousel but when you see one everyone always wants to ride. We all had fun on that ride. It was a fun day and we were all tired by the time we got back to our hotel.

1 comment:

Allison said...

Fun! I can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip!