Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Philipines Day 6

Today we went to Zoobic Safari. David was so excited about this place because he read how you go in a jeep and they feed live tigers chickens from the jeep so they come up to the jeep and sometimes get on top.

We started out going through the zoo part first. The kids all loved seeing the animals and feeding several different kinds too.After going through the zoo part we got on a little train that took us to the tiger part. We were a little scared but very excited. We arrived at the tiger pen and got into this jeep with steel bars on the window.The guide with the chickens got in right next to me. As we drove into the area with the tigers he got out some chicken breasts. he opened the window and tried to get the tigers attention. I was able to take the picture with window open. I couldn't believe how close I was to the tigers. Then one started to get closer. He closed the window and put the chicken up to the wire but on the inside. The tiger tried to get it. He then threw a chicken breast up on top of the jeep and the tiger jumped up on top of our jeep. After this we saw where the tigers are kept and some ostriches. I have seen so many ostriches in Asia. I always wanted to see them up close in America and now I have. I think these birds are so different with a big body, long legs, long neck and teeny, tiny head. We then made our way to an area where we saw some local tribal dances. They were pretty cool how they would dance for rain or other things. The kids liked seeing all these masks. They also had a giant path of posts to walk down. All the kids had fun and of course the biggest kid of all had to go too. Then we walked to the crocodile pen. The kids really wanted to feed the crocs again like we did in Vietnam. It was fun but Vietnam was better. Then when we were all done we went and got our picture taken with a real tiger cub. We have loved getting to get our picture taken with so many animals that we don't get to in the US or is too expensive for our family. Taking this picture was only about $11. How cheap!!! We had another fabulous day in the Philipines!!!!




















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun day! I love zoos in other countries where they don't have the same rules and regulations we have in the US. We loved one in France where they put a live rabbit into the big cheetah enclosure. Rabbits are fast but cheetahs are faster! A little creepy but amazing to see the speed of the cheetahs.

Tami said...

Talk about an interactive adventure! I'm sure your kids will never forget the up close and personal tiger experience!